How is it okay to write about jet lag before writing about the event that caused the jet lag, you ask? I'm on a rather tight schedule and want to do a blog post of my brother's wedding justice! So I'll save that for another time.
Being suddenly transformed into a morning person has its advantages I guess. I'm just less aware of them when my eyelids are so heavy at 7:30 p.m. that I have to fight sleep with great determination. One thing I can say, I definitely didn't experience jet-lag to this extent when I first got to Korea. I guess all that trying to stay awake until 5a.m. central time and sleeping until 1 or 2 pm had its advantages after all!
At least none of the teachers commented on how tired I looked on Tuesday, so that's something! The first two days of work following my return from the US, I had lighter teaching loads since my co-teachers needed to use my class time to review midterm test results. I guess the co-teachers thought they were writing an easy exam, but the students ended up finding the opposite to be true. Uh-oh... Today (Wednesday here) I have to start making up those missed class sections though. I can't say I'm looking forward to that in my currently sleep-confused state, but I suppose "this too shall pass."
The jet-lag when I was back in the States was worse than what I've had on my return trip to Korea so far though, so at least the worst seems to be behind me. I commented to a friend who suffers from chronic fatigue syndrome, "Oh my... You probably feel like this all the time, but with pain on top of it all... I can't imagine how you keep on going on a daily business!"
My intention isn't to complain per se, just to document this very bizarre-feeling condition. This isn't a situation I can really imagine going through more than twice a year... At least I'll have time for a leisurely breakfast, some reading, and plenty of time to get ready for school this morning! :) I'll probably miss that when I return to the status quo!
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad going back hasn't been as bad as coming here. I hope you're able to fully re-adjust soon. Love you!!