This is a picture of the first meal I had in my apartment, convenience store-bought breakfast! It was nice to be able to eat Special K; even though it's not the tastiest cereal, it's pretty well stocked with protein, and I needed the boost before the big day.
Here's a view of my apartment so you can see the approximate size. It really was bigger than I expected, which was sort of awesome! It's gotta be a family-sized place, since I was told by another foreigner that I have a big fridge too. I'm completely fine with the housing arrangement!
Standing in my extra room, Spare Oom, I can give you a pretty good angle of the rest of the apartment. Again, newer than the last place I lived, spacious, pretty clean, and good heating system in the flooring.
Here's the main living area from another angle and you can see the Spare Oom a little better from this direction. Not bad, is it? I've got more storage space than I know what to do with right now, though I imagine I'll acquire more things soon enough. I've been on several shopping trips since taking these pictures and had some bigger items delivered by the school too.
Here you can get a better idea of some of the decorations that were left by the previous resident. Not too bad, sort of cute. And it's a little hard to tell the size, but the fridge is halfway between a dorm fridge and a full-size American fridge. No ice machine, but I did find an ice cube tray tucked way in the back of a drawer today (3/11). Of course, I guess I'll have to fill it with bottled water if I want ice...
In the above picture, you can get an idea of what a Korean bathroom (with a western-style toilet) looks like. The shower head is attached to the sink on the left, and the drain for the shower is between the sink and toilet in the middle of the floor. It's pretty strange, and the toilet gets pretty soaked usually. There's a small window in the restroom for good ventilation and evaporation though, and the floor tiles are slightly angled into the middle so the floor drains well.
Okay, this is my all-in-one kitchen and laundry area! Sorry for the mess. Counter space is sort of limited compared to my last apartment, but there's enough room to move a few things around, at least until I buy another appliance or so. You can't see it well from this angle, but there's a little two-burner gas range on the far side, and you can see the little washer below the microwave. Got my drying rack today (3/11) so I could finally do a decent load of laundry.
Watch your head! This is the bedroom, and as short as I am (about 5' even, according to my medical exam results), I still have to bend over or I'll smash my head against the ceiling. It's pretty cozy though, and on the far side of the ceiling, the previous tenant left some glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. :) Bedding's a bit weird, but I'm so tired usually that I fall asleep immediately.
And, there's the little staircase back down! You can see my small couch there too. I have no idea how to get a footstool, but I think that'd make it a much better couch, so I may have to look into it.And there's the picture tour of my apartment! I don't have a zillion pictures yet, but I have a few on my camera to convert later on.
Enjoyed the tour and thanking God for such a "peaceful habitation, secure dwelling."
ReplyDeleteI think my last comment got eaten...
ReplyDeleteBUT! WOW! what a cool place! I love the lofty bedroom. I think it would be hilarious for me to try to fit into one of those rooms.