Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Changing

Just had a unique experience. As I was finishing my cheese bagel and green tea latte at the Dunkin Donut in Bucheon Station, a lady with a baby carriage gestured to ask if she could use the empty seat across from me. Sure, I gestured back!

She proceeded to put her stuff on the table, take out more stuff, and change her baby's diaper in the middle of the restaurant! At least the strongest smell in this incident was the very perfumed wet wipes. Thankfully, this was done in the baby carriage--blocked completely from view by the mother bending over the carriage, and not on the table next to my lunch. The most baffling thing about the situation? The station's restroom (sometimes crowded but generally clean) is immediately next to the Dunkin Donut cafe...

I finished my bagel and latte quickly, and left as the mother was finishing her chore. I stopped long enough to smilingly point out the dirty diaper she had left on the floor under the table. She smiled back, picked it up, and placed it in her bag under the carriage. I told her, "Stay well" in Korean with another smile before taking my leave, shaking my head with a baffled look as I left. Such adventures here sometimes, haha! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Gross! Well, like you said, at least she didn't put the baby on the table and change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... I'll try to keep in mind not to change my child's diaper in restaurants in full view of strangers. Although my nurse's stomach has no problem with this! =)

    ReplyDelete